Saturday, 28 February 2015

Update for Nana's Birthday

This post is dedicated to my favourite Nana for her birthday.

A lot has happened since I posted way back in November.

To highlight a few things:

  • I had my second Christmas away from home.  I got to celebrate with my good friend and fellow Monkey Tree-er from the States who is also the oldest sibling of a big family, so she understands the "magic" of Christmas and all the "little kid" traditions like waking up early and tearing open stockings and even leaving out cookies for Santa. 
    I baked Christmas cookies with a good friend
    from church in my itty-bitty toaster oven!

    Christmas in Hong Kong with Emily, complete with
    stockings, tree, and "fireplace"


    Christmas Eve at Ned Kelly's, Asia's oldest jazz bar.
    Photo credit to Rachel. 
    Live jazz band at Ned Kelly's.

    I got my mandatory mall-Santa picture for my mom.
  • I celebrated New Year's Eve on a yacht in Victoria Harbour to watch the spectacular firework show at midnight from the water.


  • At the end of Jauary, I moved from Monkey Tree accommodation in Tai Po into a village house in Pai Tau Village in Sha Tin.  
New huge bedroom!

Breakfast in my new kitchen.

View of monastery on way up to house.  


Living Room.

New kitchen with Laura working hard during her visit.


View from my roof top.

  • The last weekend of January/first weekend of February I went to the Hong Kong Swings Festival, danced for hours and was pushed to the limit with the workshops I got to attend on Sunday afternoon. 


  • Finally, I was promoted to be the head teacher at my language centre!   

1 comment: